Fifth Annual Sunshine State Book Festival Essay Contest
Middle and high school students are invited to enter the Sunshine State Book Festival Essay Contest. The theme for the 2024 Essay is:
Freedom to Read
“Books train your imagination to Think Big” – Taylor Swift
Have you ever read a book that made you think about something new and different? Did it cause you to see the world differently? Did this new perspective cause you to ‘grow’ just a little? Tell us about it and why reading is important to you.
Win Cash Scholarship Prizes
- 1st Place essay- $300
- 2nd Place essay- $200
- 3rd Place essays- five scholarships $100 Each
Winners will be announced and scholarships awarded at the festival 10 a.m., January 27, 2024
- Include your NAME, English TEACHER’S NAME, GRADE, and SCHOOL
- Answer the question in 500 words or less.
- Must include the title and author of at least one book.
- Must include at least one example of the way the book changed you.
- Contest submissions accepted now through December 20, 2023
- Submit to email@example.com
Questions may be addressed to President@writersalliance.org